We are looking for experienced UX and UI designers to register to join our database and be notified of opportunities for short-term contracts within our software development teams.
Our Innovation Delivery team works on bespoke software, including websites, web apps and mobile apps for health, sciences, engineering, and social care. We are currently doing lots of work with university spinouts, turning research into brand new commercial products and online services that need a high quality UI.
Our Products team have several highly successful products that help Local Authorities manage their contracts, commissioning, finance, and quality monitoring. The depth and complexity of these products make them a rich and exciting challenge for developing your skills as a designer.
Projects will vary in size, typically lasting between 3 and 12 months, and you will likely be working in a croff-functional team made up of a Project Manager, three full-stack developers and one UX Designer.
Day-to-day tasks may require:
- Preparing, running, and analysing User Research, such as user interviews and usability testing
- Leading and facilitating discovery workshops
- Creating wireframes and clickable prototypes of websites and mobile apps
- Creating user interface designs for websites and mobile apps
- Preparing UX Reviews and Heuristic Evaluations
- Creating Information architectures and mapping out user journeys
Essential experience and skills:
- Experience working as a freelance UX designer within an agency, design studio or product environment
- Client facing experience
- Knowledge of UCD design techniques, understanding when and where to apply them
- Experience using design and prototyping tools like Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch
- A track record you can share with us (via portfolio) demonstrating success solving complex interaction design problems across a variety of products/artefacts for different devices
- Demonstrable history (case studies) of building experiences in a process that includes user research, information architecture artefacts and interaction flows (show us your process)
- Ability to move with team members, iterating designs as the project progresses
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we may request a standard DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
How to apply:
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you! We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please click apply online and include:
- Your CV
- A cover letter containing the link to your portfolio or examples of your work, your rate and availability