Software products developer
Status: Permanent full-time position
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (flexi system)
Salary range: £25,000-£45,000 neg
Our software products team is looking for junior or a senior level software developer, with a
minimum 2:1 degree.
Our products include complex database components, therefore expertise in database design
and programming, ideally Microsoft SQL Server, is essential.
You’ll also be working with a wide range of object-oriented software, covering Windows and
web application technologies, particularly the Microsoft .NET Framework. Therefore,
experience with Visual Studio, C# and Windows Forms is desirable. ASP.NET and web
technologies would be a bonus.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential, since successful candidates will
interact with both technical and non-technical staff. An interest in all parts of the product life
cycle, from specification and design to implementation, will be beneficial.
What we are looking for:
- Database coding experience, preferably Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Microsoft .NET framework using C# and Windows forms is highly desirable
- Good communication skills.
Some of the key benefits of being part of the OCC products team:
- Working on the leading product in its field, to meet the high expectations of our
- Working on a mature and growing application across a range of technologies
- Being part of a large, friendly team where you will be encouraged to develop your
own areas of interest and expertise
- Generous training budget and active internal knowledge-sharing initiatives
- Bicycle scheme, income protection and life assurance scheme.
At OCC, we work in information technology because we enjoy the challenges and we see
the positive impact IT has on business and society.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a
DBS (formerly CRB) check as part of our recruitment process.
Please send your CV with covering letter and salary expectation to: email@example.com