We do not have a VISA sponsorship license and are unable to consider candidates that need VISA sponsorship.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy team in a role that will see you supporting our public-sector products. The role will allow you to get a great grounding in technical support and allow you to use and develop skills in a supportive environment. We are looking for someone who is passionate and serious about developing their career in technical system support.
We have several highly successful products which we sell into the public-sector. These products help Local Authorities to manage their contracts, commissioning, finance and quality monitoring. Details of these products can be found here.
About the role:
The role encompasses first and second line support which involves dealing with support requests submitted by our customers to do with our suite of products. These issues range from application functionality issues, investigating potential bugs or performing investigations so the customer can get the most out of the software. You can expect to always be busy and being challenged technically – no two days are the same!
In order to understand our products you will need to be able to upgrade and patch our products –this involves running database scripts and configuring different components and requires great attention to detail.
So you can effectively provide support, you will have to perform application testing. New versions of our software are released every month and to ensure we can continue to support our customers in using the software we have to make sure we can use it ourselves! This may include visits to customer sites to demonstrate new features and to assist with customer testing but also re-creating issues when providing support.
- Inclination to provide support. A large part of the role is providing guidance to customers on how to use our software so the successful candidate should be eager to support them.
- Able to write queries in SQL for Microsoft SQL Server. Our products are data-heavy systems so the successful candidate will have to be comfortable with SQL.
- Technical troubleshooting skills. Problems usually require further investigation and troubleshooting to understand the cause so the solution can be provided. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable with troubleshooting technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be working directly with clients, other support team members and developers.
- Experience reviewing or writing technical documentation. Acting as the party between customers and developers, the successful candidate will need to be able to review technical documentation and communicate effectively.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience with reporting tools (eg. Microsoft Access, Business Objects or SQL Reporting Services). We offer several solutions to allow customers to report on our data so experience in one or more of these is desirable. Experience in equivalent reporting system also considered.
- Able to use advanced formatting in Microsoft Word to perform mail merges. Our products allow customers to use Word to create documents utilizing Word mail merge, so experience of doing this would be positive.
- Knowledge of Local Government contracts and finance management systems. As the products we support are related to Local Government, any prior knowledge of this sector will be a plus.
At OCC, we work in information technology because we enjoy the challenges and we see the positive impact IT has on business and society.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note, we request a DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
Check out the benefits of working at Oxford Computer Consultants
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.