We are looking for a Technical Project Manager with the confidence to join our growing team, working on custom software projects and products. We deliver innovative custom solutions in health and engineering as well as our own products in social care. Further information on our projects can be found here. Our products are described here.
Your role will involve the management of a variety of projects – but we are particularly looking for someone able to handle multi-stakeholder technical projects with our larger clients such as NHS Trusts, universities or local authorities.
Your day to day role will involve discussions with clients, sometimes on technical subjects supported by our experienced development team and ensuring the delivery of finished software. You may also support the on-boarding of our social care database products to a Local Authority. You will need to be flexible, adapting your methods to suit project and client need.
- Management, and responsibility for multiple software projects, with close support at first but soon working independently
- Set client expectations and report progress to stakeholders, including effectively leading meetings
- Track and report project progress, risk and budget, both internally and externally to clients
- Driving technical dialogue between our clients and our project team
- Support an internal project team, including developers, designers, testers
- Estimate and manage project resourcing required
- Assist generation of new and repeat business
- Contribute to process improvement
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Good organisational skills, the ability to keep on top of lots of different information
- Ability to present technical information confidently to large audiences
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Management of stakeholders with different interests and expectations
- An interest and enthusiasm for innovative technology
- Have previous software development experience
Desirable experience and skills:
- Agile project management methods
- PRINCE2 project management experience
- Use of JIRA and other task tracking systems
- Understanding of software coding, web development or SQL scripting
- A 2:1 degree or better, ideally in a STEM subject, or equivalent, demonstrable experience
We really value the quality of our working life at OCC. Take a look at the benefits of working at OCC.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a standard DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you! We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.