We are looking for an experienced mid-level software developer to join our growing team at OCC. As a software developer candidate, you should have a minimum 2:1 degree in a numerate subject.
You will be working on our range of social care products for local government, involving a broad range of software and web technologies. Our work is rewarding and challenging so a very important attribute will be your enthusiasm and ability to learn.
You can read more about our local government products here.
Candidates must have experience in:
- Object-oriented software development with languages like C#, Java or C++
- Database design and programming with systems like Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL
Experience in any of the following will be useful:
- Net – MVC, Web API, Web Forms/Pages
- Mobile app development – web, iOS and Android
- HTML and CSS with a good understanding of front-end, responsive and accessibility best practices
- Experience with Agile practices such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Working in multidisciplinary teams that include designers and front-end developers
Strong communication skills are essential as successful candidates will be working with a number of internal teams as well as needing to liaise with fellow developers.
Some of the key benefits of being at OCC:
- working with mainstream and emerging technologies, developing your skills in these and related technologies
- opportunity to be involved in innovative research and development
- be at the forefront of technological developments
- variety – we work with a wide range of clients and a broad range of technologies, so projects are always different and we’re constantly learning
We work in information technology because we enjoy the challenges and see the positive impact IT has on business and society.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note, we request a DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.