We have several highly successful products which we sell in the Public Sector. These products help Local Authorities to manage their contracts, commissioning, finance, and quality monitoring. For details see our products.
We are looking to appoint a Software Product Implementation Manager (IM). The successful candidate will have a strong technical background (e.g. development or support) or strong social care finance background as well as customer-facing experience and be looking for a role managing the delivery of our products to our customers. The position would be suitable for a graduate who meets the requirements.
The role involves the following working with a customer on all aspects of delivering our software. The IM typically manages 3-4 customers at a time for a period of 9-24 months, dealing with several individuals from different organisations, all working to tight deadlines.
- Project Management – ensuring OCC’s resources are aligned, and work is scheduled with the customer and our partners.
- Product Consultancy – the product supports a set of complex business processes. This requires the ability to learn our product quickly, handle the complex product/domain, and work with others in the organisation to advise the customer accordingly.
- Requirements gathering – the product integrates with other systems, or sometimes a customer requests additional development, which requires the IM to gather and document requirements to pass on to our product and development teams.
- Training and Configuration – assist the customer to use the system and configure it to meet their needs.
- Data Migration – Running scripts and processes to extract and migrate customer data into databases. This is a highly iterative process during which we need to guide the customer through migration and testing of their data.
Significant amounts of our implementations are now carried out remotely via Teams, but the role does involve travel to customer sites when required; this can vary from a few days in one go to several weeks without travel. Some planned, out-of-hours work is also required. The role is permanent and full-time.
Applicants who wish to work remotely anywhere in England, Scotland or Wales will be considered (as we have a broad customer base), but we would ideally like them to be in our Oxford offices more often during their induction period and two days a month after that.
Successful applicants should have an excellent academic background and a 2.1 degree in a relevant subject.
The following skills would be advantageous to your application:
- Experience working in the English social care system or within local government finance
- Training skills
- PRINCE2 qualification
- SQL server skills
Check out the perks and the benefits of working at OCC.
To apply: Please send your CV with covering letter and salary expectation to: