We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our team. You will be part of software development team working on a variety of projects lasting between 3 months and 2 years. You will be involved in the complete lifecycle of a project, including analysing client requirements, technical design, development, and deployment.
We enjoy working on projects that make positive contribution to society. We design websites, web apps and mobile apps for health, sciences, engineering and social care.
Further information on our projects can be found here
The projects team uses a variety of different languages, so a keenness to learn new languages will be necessary.
We welcome applications from software developers with a minimum 2:1 degree in a relevant STEM subject.
Essential experience and skills:
- Strong understanding of computer science and software development principles
- Experience in C#, Java or a similar OO language
- Experience in SQL
- Willingness and ability to learn new programming languages and technologies
- Full-stack experience designing and building software applications from the ground up
- Good communication skills to work in a team environment
- Willingness to communicate with OCC’s clients to gather requirements, provide estimates and deliver software in an agile environment
Desirable experience and skills:
- .Net Core 3.1
- ASP.Net MVC
- HTML and CSS
- Application of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Mobile app development in both iOS and Android – PWA, Xamarin, Flutter, React Native
- Python, C++
- Windows and Linux development
- Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud hosting
We work in information technology because we enjoy the challenges and see the positive impact IT has on business and society.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
Check out the benefits of working at OCC.