We are looking for a talented Senior / Lead UX Designer to join our innovation delivery team working on custom software projects. We enjoy working on projects that make positive contribution to society. We design websites, web apps and mobile apps for health, sciences, engineering and social care. One of our design principles is that we meet users early and often.
About the role:
- Attending client meetings.
- Running UX workshops and user research sessions (such as contextual research, stakeholder workshops, user interviews, usability testing).
- Designing user journeys and user interfaces (wireframes and clickable prototypes) through to production visual design. You can see examples of our work online.
- You are passionate about design, like to advocate good design and have great attention to detail.
- You are a motivated individual, full of ideas, eager to learn and share with colleagues.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your experience in interaction design, your design thinking and attention to detail.
- Formal training in design or related subject.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in multidisciplinary teams and with clients.
- Great visual design skills (including grid systems and typography).
- Experience of designing for multiple platforms, such as web, mobile and responsive design.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Invision).
- Experience in creating wireframes and clickable prototypes.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Several years of industry experience.
- Good knowledge of front-end development including HTML, CSS, JS (not necessarily to production standard, but with a good understanding of technical requirements and limitations).
- Leading small team of UX Designers working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Project management experience.
- Developing proposals for new customers.
- Pitching for new customers in order to win business.
- Designing customer value propositions via the Value Proposition Canvas and Business Model Canvas or similar.
We really value the quality of our working life at OCC. Take a look at the benefits of working at OCC.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a standard DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you! We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please send your CV and covering letter with a link to your portfolio and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click Apply Online.