OCC has a thriving specialist projects team developing custom software for clients across health, engineering and science sectors. We are a growing team of 25 staff and require a maternity cover administrator to support our sales and marketing teams and provide a friendly welcome to visitors. It is a varied role and the individual will require a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Supporting the sales team by identifying and disseminating tender opportunities, proofreading proposals, uploading to portals etc.
- Being a core member of the marketing team e.g. regular social media posts, maintaining stock of marketing material (leaflets, banners, pens, etc.).
- Assisting with and uploading case studies to the OCC website.
- Creating reports and updating orders in the database.
- Administrative assistance to the Director of Innovation and Project Leads.
- Managing office maintenance and upkeep (building maintenance, furniture, cleaners, plants etc).
- Managing weekly grocery orders e.g. fresh fruit, milk, etc.
- Reception duties including: –
- Answering incoming calls and transferring them to relevant staff.
- Answering the door, signing in visitors and accepting parcels and deliveries.
- Processing incoming and outgoing post.
- Providing refreshments and lunches to visitors and staff during meetings.
- Ordering taxis
- Organising and co-ordinating company events e.g. conferences, talks, etc.
- Regularly managing purchases of stationery, hotel bookings, equipment, etc.
- Any other appropriate task requested.
- A good standard of academic qualifications or relevant experience, and excellent written English.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, and flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements.
- Confidence and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Experience of Microsoft Outlook and Word in a Windows environment.
- Good attention to detail.
- Experience in tender work
- Interest in science or technology
- Confidence with Microsoft Excel or PowerPoint
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a standard DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV with a covering letter and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click Apply Online