We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual to join us in the role of Recruitment and Office Administrator on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Day to day running of recruitment – posting job ads, arranging interviews, and assisting with the selection process.
- Responding to all job applicant enquiries received and feedback requests
- Working with the Recruitment and HR Officer to build relationships with key recruitment agencies
- Complete pre-employment checks for new starters (RTW, DBS, references, qualification etc.)
- Maintain and update candidate records and recruitment statistics
- Onboarding of new starters – arranging equipment, inductions, security, and access, etc
- Manage work experience, Internship and Apprenticeship schemes
- Attend careers fairs and other recruitment events
- Record and report on staff training. Mange the ‘what on guide’ calendar for future learning and development opportunities
- Analysing the job market and produce salary benchmarking data
- Manage Recruitment and HR personnel folders and files in accordance with GDPR
- Responsible for GDPR data processes across the recruitment, HR and admin team
- Support and cover the Office and Marketing Administrator with answering the mainline telephone, taking messages, welcoming visitors, processing Director and staff admin requests
- Provide cover for the Recruitment and HR Officer as required
- Handle and prioritising a range of administrative duties using judgment and initiative
- Any other appropriate tasks requested
Essential skills and experience
- Previous recruiting experience in a STEM industry necessary – gained in an agency or in-house
- Knowledge of relevant employment legislation and contractual types
- Understanding of IR35 and Right to work restrictions
- Experience and interest in HR (CIPD Level 3 desirable)
- Good organisational skills, the ability to prioritise
- Strong reception and administration skills with proven ‘meet and greet’ experience
- Excellent Microsoft skills including mail merge and excel reporting required
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Interest in science and technology
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
We really value the quality of our working life at OCC. Take a look at the benefits of working at OCC.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a standard DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you! We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org or click Apply Online.