We are looking for a talented Project Manager to join our growing team, working on custom software projects. We work on a variety of innovative projects for health, sciences, engineering and social care. Further information on our projects can be found here.
Your day to day role will involve working closely with experienced development teams to deliver valuable software and delight our clients. Our projects vary in size and complexity where you will need to be flexible, adapting your methods to suit project budget and client needs.
Your role will most likely involve management of healthcare software development projects which must comply with FDA or CE standards for which training will be given.
- Management, and responsibility for software projects, with close support at first but soon working independently
- Direct and manage an internal project team, including developers, designers, testers
- Estimating and managing project resourcing required
- Understanding the client’s project objectives
- Manage client expectations and report progress to clients, including effectively leading meetings
- Tracking and reporting project progress, risk and budget, both internally and externally to clients
- Assisting generation of repeat business
- Assisting the development of new business opportunities
- Contribute to process improvement
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) to be able to liaise confidently with customers
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to keep on top of lots of different information
- An interest and enthusiasm for innovative technology
- Client-facing experience, including working with clients on a project basis
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work independently
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
Desirable experience and skills:
- Agile project management methods
- Previous software development experience
- A 2:1 degree or better, ideally in a STEM subject, or equivalent, demonstrable experience
- PRINCE2 project management experience
- Software as a medical device (SaMD) project management experience (e.g. FDA/CE compliant), or willingness to learn these skills and processes
- Use of JIRA and other task tracking systems
We really value the quality of our working life at OCC. Take a look at the benefits of working at OCC.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a standard DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you! We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.