We are looking for an experienced UX Designer to help us improve and build on our public-sector products. We have several highly successful products which we sell into the public-sector. These products help Local Authorities to manage their contracts, commissioning, finance and quality monitoring. Details of these products can be found here.
Day-to-day tasks such as:
- Preparing, running, and analysing User Research, such as user interviews and usability testing.
- Leading and facilitating discovery workshops.
- Creating wireframes and clickable prototypes of websites and mobile apps
- Preparing UX Reviews and Heuristic Evaluations
- Creating Information architectures and mapping out user journeys
- You are a natural communicator (visual, written and verbal): comfortable engaging with clients, team-members, end-users; and adept at getting your idea across through a variety of methods.
- You are happy participating in all kinds of UCD activity, including workshops and user interviews.
- You are enthusiastic at the idea of working within teams of varying discipline and method.
- You feel comfortable operating in ambiguous or unpredictable situations and can adapt to the context, helping to plan and implement the right combination of activities and deliverables, to best meet project goals.
- You appreciate working autonomously within a supportive environment. We value balance between life and work and want to provide the right conditions to enable you to be the best you can be.
Essential experience and skills:
- Experience working as an interaction / UX designer within agency, design studio or product environment.
- Knowledge of UCD design techniques, understanding when and where to apply them.
- Experience using design and prototyping tools like Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch.
- A track record you can share with us (via portfolio) demonstrating success solving complex interaction design problems across a variety of products/ artifacts for different devices.
- Demonstrable history (case studies) of building experiences in a process that includes user research, information architecture artifacts and interaction flows (show us your process).
- Ability to move with team members, iterating designs as a project progresses.
- Degree or higher in a relevant subject (design subject/HCI), or equivalent experience.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Product design experience
- Knowledge of WCAG accessibility guidelines
- Knowledge of Local Government contracts and finance management systems. As the products we support are related to Local Government, any prior knowledge of this sector will be a plus.
- Experience of using data and research to develop concepts and inform design decisions.
- Understanding of wider development process, and where/how design fits.
We really value the quality of our working life at OCC. Take a look at the benefits of working at OCC.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a standard DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you! We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
When applying please include a cover letter describing your experience in UX Design as well as a copy of your portfolio or examples of your work.