We are looking for two experienced mid-level software developers to join our custom development team. As a mid-level software developer, you will be working on a variety of projects lasting between 3 months and 2 years. You will be involved in the complete lifecycle of a project, including analysing client requirements, technical design, development, and deployment. The projects team uses a variety of different languages and technologies, so a keenness to learn is necessary.
In our Innovation and Delivery team, you can enjoy working on projects that make a positive contribution to society. We design websites, web apps, and mobile apps for health, sciences, engineering, and social care.
We welcome applications from software developers with a minimum 2:1 degree in a STEM subject or a real enthusiasm for technology and science.
Essential experience and skills:
- Full-stack experience designing and building software applications from the ground up
- Designing and delivering software in highly technical teams
- Strong understanding of computer science and software development principles
- Willingness to communicate with OCC’s clients to gather requirements, provide estimates and deliver software in an agile environment
- Good communication skills to work in a team
- Applying OO coding principles (and ideally design patterns)
- Languages: strong in C#, SQL, Java or similar OO language
Desirable experience and skills:
- At least two years’ experience
- Experience building (and ideally architecting) software applications from the ground up
- Good grasp of web technologies such as REACT.js
- Professional training in relevant areas such as accessibility, cyber security, or SCRUM
We work in information technology because we enjoy the challenges and see the positive impact IT has on business and society.
We really value the quality of our working life at OCC. Look at the benefits of working at OCC.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a standard DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you!