Typically, our Graduate Software Developers:
- Hold a 2:1 degree or higher, ideally in a STEM subject
- Have knowledge of an object-oriented language such as C# or Java
Knowledge in the following areas would also be advantageous:
- Database design and programming, ideally with Microsoft SQL Server, including stored procedures, triggers, views, functions, indexes, constraints and keys
- HTML and CSS, with a good understanding of front-end best practices and accessibility considerations
A Graduate Software Developer at OCC is not a client-facing role; however, strong communication and interpersonal skills are important, as successful candidates will need to interact with various teams within the ContrOCC product, including Support and Implementations.
Successful candidates will have an interest in all parts of the product life cycle, from specification and design to development and implementation.
As a Graduate Software Developer at OCC you will:
- Be assigned a mentor to help provide support, guidance and advice when you first join the company
- Be working on a growing application across a range of technologies
- Be part of a friendly team where you will be encouraged to develop your areas of interest and expertise
- Receive a generous training budget with encouragement and support to help utilise this effectively
- Be invited to participate in active internal knowledge-sharing initiatives
At OCC, we work in information technology because we enjoy the challenges and we see the positive impact IT has on business and society.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a DBS (formerly CRB) check as part of our recruitment process.
Check out the benefits of working at Oxford Computer Consultants.