We currently have a vacancy for a Deployments Manager. We are looking for someone with a strong technical background (e.g. development or support), customer facing experience and who is looking for a role managing the delivery of our products to our customers.
At present most of our deployments exist on premise at our customer site (accessed remotely) but slowly increasing to be hosted as a service, as a result this role will be involved in the transformation involved in the team to support this change.
We have a number of highly successful products which we sell into the Public Sector. These products help Local Authorities to manage their contracts, commissioning, finance and quality monitoring. For details see, our products.
The role of the deployment team is to:
- Perform upgrades and installations of our software at customer sites
- Perform server migrations of our software at customer sites (e.g. when moving to new hardware)
- Respond to any issues that arise during deployment/upgrade and ensuring appropriate actions is taken
- Migrate customer data
- Handle occasional support requests
- Liaise with Project Managers during projects
- Monitor customer hosted server capacity, performance, security and availability and respond if there are any issues, including strategic and proactive response if resources get low or site availability has dropped e.g. requesting additional system resources etc
- Build and architect customer hosted environments in the cloud (Azure) following best practices
- Coordinating upgrades and installations and ensuring bookings are made promptly and that suitable resourcing is in place (including out of hours scheduling)
- Assist the team with deployments ensuring these are done as efficiently as possible and maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure team are sufficiently trained and supported and be available for questions and requests for help
- Be a point of contact/representative for Deployments team
- Work with the Technical Services Manager to ensure smooth running of the team and it’s position within the wider Delivery Team
- Work with the other teams to ensure close working and coordinating activities
- Authorise leave requests, timekeeping entries, conduct annual reviews and ensure all staff are performing to a good standard, are motivated and happy
- Liaise with our partners, coordinating migrations, deployments, upgrades etc
- Handling deployment escalations and liaising with customers as appropriate
- Coordinate our Joint User Testing (JUT) activities with our customers and partners
- Coordinate Penetration Testing activities including scheduling and action planning
- Be a point of escalation for out of hours work
- There will be occasional out of hours work (approx. 1-2 times a month)
- Technical degree or equivalent qualifications
- MS SQL Database Administration
- Working with complex database systems
- Installing software/windows services/web services on Windows Server
- Local authority IT experience
- Local authority Finance or Social Care experience
- Building and designing systems in Azure
- Windows Server / IIS
- Firewall NAT/PAT/DNS
- Team Leadership/Management
We really value the quality of our working life at OCC. Take a look at the benefits of working at OCC.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note that we request a standard DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you! We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community