This is an exciting opportunity to join a developing team in a role that will see you working with our public-sector products and our customers on a daily basis. The role will allow you to get a solid understanding of technical systems and how they work – and give you significant exposure to working with internal stakeholders and customers. This role would be great for a graduate or someone with a couple years’ experience. Our position is ideal for someone that loves working with technology and wants to do this in conjunction with providing great customer service.
We have several highly successful products which we sell into the public-sector. These products help Local Authorities to manage their contracts, commissioning, finance and quality monitoring. Details of these products can be found here.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, bright technical graduate or similar who is wanting to expand their technical and customer service skills to fill the role of Deployments Engineer. Working within our Local Government Delivery team, the successful candidate will be providing deployment-related activities (installation, upgrading, change management etc) for our local government products.
Our customers are at the heart of all work we carry out and this role is crucial in ensuring that the systems are handled with care. As this is a customer focused role which is both technical and administrative, requiring a good knowledge (or willingness to become proficient in) Microsoft SQL server administration as well as good communication (phone and email), organisational and planning skills are all keys to success in the position.
You will be working as part of a wider team of dedicated, expert individuals and will receive thorough training for the role and have regular catch ups with the Deployments Manager to ensure you are developing professionally and meeting your own and the team’s goals.
There will be occasional out of hours work (approximately once a month) which will be compensated.
- Interest to complete technical change. As you will be coordinating and complete upgrading a range of technical tasks, it’s a requirement to be keen and enthusiastic for the work.
- Experience using a range of technology. Our product suite mainly utilises Microsoft SQL Server and IIS – but any technical background is useful for the role.
- An attention to detail. You will be maintaining and updating system information for the customer-base – ensuring that the information is accurate so we have an accurate picture of what our customers’ systems look like.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be working directly with clients, other members of the Technical Services and developers.
- Experience utilising technical documentation. The steps to perform deployment-tasks can be very technically complex – so it’s important to be able to follow technical instructions and processes.
Desirable experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level.
- Familiar with Cloud Technology such as Microsoft Azure. The industry is gravitating towards utilising cloud hosting, with the most popular option being Microsoft Azure so having some familiarity with this would be desirable.
- Experience with data migration tools and processes. One of the tasks that you will be doing is migrating data between systems so experience doing this before can be useful.
- Knowledge of Local Government and finance management systems. As the products we deploy are related to Local Government, any prior knowledge of this sector will be a plus.
At OCC, we work in information technology because we enjoy the challenges and we see the positive impact IT has on business and society.
Due to the nature of our work with local government clients, please note, we request a DBS check as part of our recruitment process.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.