Oil Industry Multiwell Acquisition and Display
- Reduces time required to analyse millions of data items with flexible graphs
- Improves quality by identifying trends and key data points with an array of graphs
OCC developed software with a series of interlinked products for presenting graphs and interpreting data received from devices that measure oil well flow. Four implementations of the Multiwell Acquisition and Display System (MADS) project provide interfaces to different classes of flow devices for different suppliers.
OCC software aids oil well design
With up to 2 million pieces of data calculated and stored every day, trend analysis provides a manageable interface to an important aspect of oil well design. The data is stored, either using an Access database or MADS' own database format, ready for trend analysis, export-to-mainframe hosts or reporting.
Trend analysis is a key aspect of the MADS system, allowing users of the system to display graphically the fluctuations of any of the calculated or raw values returned from the wells.
How the system acquires and presents data
Data acquisition is a key aspect of the MADS software and the Port Monitors :
- interface with particular types of measuring devices
- constantly poll for flow data information from up to thirty wells
Flow data information is passed to the main MADS system.
Data is presented in real time with:
- sweeping the graphs
- all other standard functions