Interactive Training Courses for Accountants
- Updates accountants' skills and knowledge online
- Reduces costs with our own e-learning system
Web portal for accountancy courses
Oxford Computer Consultants developed a bespoke web portal for self-training accountancy courses in 2008 for PTPnow and incorporated these requirements into the online system:
- training courses over the web
- training and monitoring only available to the purchaser
- tool for supporting specialists to create computer-based training material
- online "shop" to purchase courses
- ability to process credit card payments
- hosting and support of the system
Developing a bespoke web site
Bryn Griffith, Co-founder of PTPnow, describes the process:
"We required a bespoke web site to meet the requirements of the training we wish to deliver. OCC developed imaginative and workable solutions.
Throughout the process their highly professional approach ensured that the web site was delivered ahead of schedule, within the fixed budget and met all the specification requirements.
OCC's post-implementation support has been excellent and all minor queries or requests for support have been resolved within 24 hours."
Technology enhances presentation
OCC recommended a plug-in to Microsoft PowerPoint to PTPnow, for transforming presentations into a suitable format for online delivery. A voiceover can be added to the slides, synchronised with the animations in the presentation and interactive quizzes spliced into the presentation to promote learner engagement. Progress is monitored and outcomes are displayed on screen.
OCC built a lightweight SCORM* player for the PTPnow interactive training courses. The system is in active use and the courses are available at PTPnow.
Courses available at PTPnow:
- Entrepreneurs Relief
- E-ssential monthly tax updates
- Money Laundering Training, with free trial
- Capital Gains Tax
- Car Benefits trainer
Courses are regularly updated and additional ones introduced in line with new legislation.
*Shareable Content Object Reference Model - technical specifications for web-based e-learning.